National External Diploma Program - NEDP
What is NEDP?
NEDP (National External Diploma Program) is a nationally recognized alternate way for adults to earn a high school diploma. High school level skills include writing, speaking, computation, problem solving, reading, critical thinking, and entry-level job skills. NEDP is an applied performance assessment system. NEDP assesses and gives credit for the candidate's knowledge and skills. NEDP takes an average of 8 months to complete. Candidate’s skill levels and time constraints determine how quickly the program is completed.
Through this program, the student is evaluated in their competencies in eight content areas including Financial Literacy, Health Literacy, Civic Literacy, Geography, History, Science, and 21st Century Workplace. NEDP is a computer-based program so you must have access to a computer as well as basic computer skills to complete the program.
Candidates receive a New York State issued high school diploma upon successfully completing the program.
Who is NEDP for?
NEDP is for anyone who:
- Does not have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma
- Is 21 years of age or older
- Performs at a 9.0 grade level or better in Math & Reading
- Is mature and self-disciplined
- Has access to a library, computer, and other community resources
- Is able to keep appointments on time as they must meet with advisor on a weekly basis
- Has good problem solving skills
- National NEDP reading, math and writing diagnostics.
- Assessment and demonstration of academic skills.
- Demonstration of employable skills.
- Granting of Diploma!!
When does NEDP Start?
The program runs year round. Candidates are accepted at any time.
Where is NEDP Available?
NEDP Advisors are available in Canandaigua, Williamson, Newark and other areas by appointment.
**To be eligible for the Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES NEDP Program, you must be a resident of Wayne, Seneca, Yates or Ontario county in New York State.
**You must meet with your advisor once a week.
How do I get started?
If you would like to have an advisor contact you, fill out this contact form.