Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES Practical Nursing Program admits students whose ability, preparation and character indicate potential success in the program. The selection of students is based on review of credentials, references, pre-entrance test scores (TEAS®) and health status, without regard to race, sex, age, national origin, religion, martial status or political affiliation.
To be considered for admissions into the Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES Practical Nursing program, applicants must:
- Provide the admissions office with a copy of your high school transcript or GED/EDP scores.
- Demonstrate academic proficiency with satisfactory scores on the ATI Practical Nursing Career Placement Exam.
Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES will begin accepting applicants for fall classes after April 1st when all admission requirements have been satisfied. Admission to the Practical Nursing program is selective. Applicants are accepted as classroom space permits. To be considered for admission, applicants must register for the ATI Practical Nursing Career Placement Exam by:
- Completing a Career Placement Exam Registration Form;
- Providing a copy of your official high school transcript or TASC/EDP with scores; and
- Submitting the registration form, transcript or scores with the required $75.00 exam fee at least one week prior to your exam date.
Applicants whose placement exam scores demonstrate academic proficiency will be notified and forwarded information for acceptance. Applicants will then be required to:
- Complete an Application for Admission;
- Submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent (if this has not been previously submitted);
- Submit two (2) professional references;
- Complete a Waiver and Release for Continuing Education Student Background Check; and
- Attend an Information Session.
The Admissions Committee will review and rank applicants, taking into account the ATI Practical Nursing Career Placement Exam scores and the above requirements. Based on the student's ranking and available space, offers of admission will be made to successful applicants.
All 2019 Test Dates are on Friday
Only two more test dates remaining - register today!
- June 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am, Monroe Community Hospital
- June 14, 2019 @ 10:00 am, Newark
Want an Informational Packet?
Call Today: 315-332-7374, use the PN Packet form or the buttons below to download Informational Packets.
Informational Packet Links
You must download, print and submit the Entrance Exam Registration Form in advance!
Submit this placement exam registration form, with your $75.00 exam fee and required documentation, at least one week prior to your exam date to:
WAYNE-FINGER LAKES BOCES Business Office 131 Drumlin Court Newark, NY 14513-1863