Summary of Student Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
A student who receives financial aid from Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES has the following rights:
- to know the costs of attendance to the institution;
- to know all available sources of financial aid;
- to speak with a Financial Aid Advisor who evaluates the student's need;
- to be informed of all aspects of the financial aid package awarded including special dispersal of aid;
- and to know the academic expectations of the institution.
A student who receives financial aid from Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES also has the following responsibilities:
- to apply for financial aid (https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa) by the established deadline as determined by Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES;
- to report to the Financial Aid Office any awards received from agencies outside the BOCES;
- to maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined in the School of Practical Nursing current catalog;
- to comply with established loan repayment schedules;
- to report to the Financial Aid Office any changes in family or student financial status.
- to understand that if I voluntarily withdraw or stop attending class, that I may be subject to repayment of financial aid funds and that any federal financial aid (Title IV) will be recalculated ( https://www.wflboces.org/adult-and-continuing-education/health-careers/practical-nursing/financial-aid/return-of-title-iv-financial-aid) based on my last date of attendance and that I am responsible for any tuition balance resulting from this.
The student's financial aid awards may be cancelled or reduced if:
Any of the information on the financial aid application is erroneous; requested documents are not provided to validate eligibility; enrollment status changes; the student's program of study changes.