Statement of Essential Functions
To participate in clinical experience(s) students must be able to perform the following activities with NO restrictions:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to repetitively lift, push, roll, turn, position, transfer patients, move/lift equipment and supplies
- Ability to reach, stoop, stretch, bend, crouch and kneel
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Repetitive hand and wrist flexion, coordination of finger and hand movement
- Gross & fine motor skills to calibrate and use equipment and write legibly
- Auditory ability to sufficiently monitor health needs of the patient, emergency signals, and equipment alarms.
- Near and far visual acuity sufficient for observation, implementation of assigned regimen, observe patient responses, read patient records and computer screens, administer cares, read gauges, and use color discrimination
- Ability to communicate sufficiently for interaction with others in verbal and written form. Explain care procedures; interpret clinical assignments, medical terminology, document and report with complete accuracy patient responses.
- Ability to read, interpret and explain health care provider orders.
- Tactile ability sufficient for basic assessment of patient’s physical health status.
- Perform functions of complete data collection on patients/clients/residents.
- Olfactory senses sufficient for maintaining environmental and client safety
- Ability to work in an environment with temperature changes, frequent contact with water and other liquids, noise distractions, and hazards to body or health.