Courier Service Guide FAQ's
- How do I request a delivery and/or pick up?
- How do I know if the box is too large or too heavy for the Courier to lift?
- I have 10 boxes of paper (or equipment, or folders, etc.) that need delivered today to another site; can the Courier do this for me?
- I sent an Email an hour ago and haven’t received a reply, what do I do?
- I need a package delivered to a location not listed on the schedule, what do I do?
- Will the Courier move furniture, e.g. desk, chairs, filling cabinets, etc.?
- I asked the Courier to deliver some packages and he told me to Email my request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Why didn’t he just do it?
There are many variables to factor in for this type of request. Your best chance of getting multiple boxes delivered by a specific date is to set up a request early enough in advance for us to plan effectively. Please remember the Couriers have a set route to complete during their shift, plus any add on requests for that day.
Send an Email to email@example.com with your name, phone number and detail of your request. The Warehouse/Courier Control Desk will reply by Email or phone ASAP to work out the best alternative with you.
In most cases, no.
If you are moving asset tagged furniture you will need to fill out a WFL BOCES Fixed Asset Re-Assignment / Disposal Form. The form can be found on the WFL BOCES Intranet under the Business Office tab.
However, if you feel the item qualifies as an item for a Courier, then contact us and we’ll review the request. As always, we’ll work out the best alternative with you.
The courier has a set route to complete during the day, plus any add on requests which people scheduled in advance. Each courier has the discretion and training to make a decision with on the spot requests. Please understand and support their efforts to efficiently provision all our component districts and BOCES locations.