Opportunity: Funding for archiving records and establishing records management systems.
Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund (LGRMIF) Grants
General: Provides funds to help local governments establish records management programs or develop new program components.
Eligible Funding Costs:
- Records-lifecycle management of electronic mail.
- Disaster Management
- Historical Records
- File Management
- Document Conversion and Access.
Eligibility: Municipalities, school districts, BOCES, and consortiums of eligible organizations.
Anticipated Funding: It is expected that up to $4.5 million in funding will be awarded.
- Individual grant projects will typically receive $30,000 to $80,000 and up to $1,000,000.
- Shared services projects will typically receive around $25,000 to $100,000, up to $1,850,000.
Anticipated RFP Release: December 1, 2019
Suggestions: If you are interested in this funding it is suggested you take the following steps prior to the release of the grant:
- Inventory your long-term retention documents now.
- Contact the NYS Archives for a visit – they will and can provide you guidance now that will provide you with a better plan. The Regional Advisory Officer is Sarah Durling, 518-322-2555 or Sarah.Durling@nysed.gov.
- Contact a vendor to schedule a visit from them – they also can help with your planning.
- If you want project development and grant writing services, let us know early, this is a popular grant.
For More Information: http://www.archives.nysed.gov/grants/grants_lgrmif.shtml
For Further Assistance: Contact Chris Semler at 585-200-2568 or firstname.lastname@example.org