Join Our School
The application period for the 2018-19 freshman class is now open.
If you are a current eighth-grader in one of the participating W-FL BOCES component districts, you are invited to apply to the Wayne-Finger Lakes Pathways in Technology Early College High School (W-FL PTECH).
Our school is committed to enrolling a diverse student population reflective of the geographic area served by W-FL BOCES.
See below for the important dates associated with the application period. You can obtain an application from your school counselor or download one.
If you need assistance completing your application, please see your school counselor or contact our school: 315-548-6660 or email email@example.com.
Because of the way the curriculum is structured to allow for acceleration into college courses, only current eighth-graders are eligible to apply to P-TECH and students must enter the program their freshman year of high school. Students must currently be enrolled in school at a participating district and pass the eighth grade.
The application process involves getting recommendations from a math teacher and counselor, along with completing the application that includes a written or video essay and a form parents complete. Applicants will also participate in an interview session.
Important dates for students applying:
- Student and Parent Presentations: to be determined by each school district
- Held between: Jan. 29--Feb. 16, plus Feb. 26--Mar. 2
- Visits to P-TECH: it is highly encouraged that students visit our school prior to applying
- Held between: Jan. 29--Feb. 16, plus Feb. 26--Mar. 9
- Student Application Due: Friday, March 9 (submitted to your school counselor)
- Student Interviews: March 12--29
- Accepted students notified: Early May
Download an application
Jump start your future now!
Characteristics of successful students
- One who is willing to work hard, likes to work with technology and learn something new.
- Likes solving problems and is motivated by personal success.
- Excels on projects and learning by doing.
- Has diversity mindset.
- Is sociable, likes working with other students on projects and tasks.
- Self-directed and self-reflecting.
- Wants to earn high school diploma and college degree at same time (starting in 9th grade and finishing college portion at FLCC after 12th grade).
- Wants a well-paying job in a tech-based career; can see themselves in these jobs.