W-FL P-TECH is a pioneering new model for high school education in our region that includes college-level, credit-bearing coursework in the curriculum and allows students to choose their own “pathways” to high-skill jobs. With a unique 9-14 model, the goal for our diverse student population is 100% completion of a Regents diploma in four-years and an associate's degree within six-years.
W-FL P-TECH seeks to redefine secondary education with a STEM-based curriculum that centers on personalized learning, project-based learning, and focuses on skills in three career clusters — Information Technology, Instrumentation and Control Technologies, and Mechanical Technology. Through the program, students can earn one of three different associate’s degrees through enrollment at Finger Lakes Community College at no cost to their families and will be highly-considered for jobs with participating companies when they graduate.
At W-FL P-TECH we believe the center of high quality education is a student-first mindset focused on providing education for the whole person. The school is one in which ALL students are engaged, inspired, and empowered to reach their full potential as they prepare to be career ready and globally competitive.
Imagine a STEM-based, college level school, where students create their own pathways to success through personalized learning, project-based classes, workplace mentorship and real-world experience. W-FL P-TECH is a student-centered school where learning is relevant and high-interest, student curiosity is sparked, and success celebrated.
Contact the principal
Middle School Students, If you are a person who:
- Is willing to work hard, likes to work with technology and learn something new.
- Likes solving problems and is motivated by personal success.
- Excels on projects and learning by doing.
- Has diversity mindset.
- Is sociable, likes working with other students on projects and tasks.
- Is self-directed and self-reflecting.
- Wants to earn high school credits and college pathway credits at same time (starting in 9th grade).
- Wants a well-paying job in a tech-based career; can see themselves in these jobs.
Then W-FL P-TECH wants you!
Students from P-TECH presented at the Wayne County Business Council Annual Legislative Breakfast on Friday, May 10.