- Direct Emergency cash to students
- Costs for the institution for the transition to an on-line learning platform.
As a requirement of the grant:
- On April 22, 2020, Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES signed and returned the Certification and Agreement.
- Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES received a total of $362,846 in funds.
- From the funds, $181,423 was distributed to students under section 18004(a)(1) for direct emergency funding. The additional $181,423 was used to purchase laptops to support on-line instruction and learning for students.
- It is estimated that 83 students at Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES are eligible to participate in the Federal student financial aid program under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
- 83 students have received the Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The methods used by Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES to determine which students received Emergency Financial Aid Grants was made by a review of each individual participant's financial need within the program. Each participant within the program was able to receive a portion of the grant. The students were able to receive $2,185 to offset the tuition.
- The students were provide directions from the Coordinator of the program as well as the Financial Aid Advisor.