Program Goal: Criminal Justice is a broad-based career exploration program intended to give students skills, knowledge and occupational opportunities in the field.
Job Outlook (US Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook):
- Police and Detectives-$63,380 Median Pay; 7% Growth
- Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists-$53,020 Median Pay; 6% Growth
- Security Guards and Gaming Surveillance Officers-$28,530 Median Pay; 6% Growth
- Correctional Officers and Bailiffs-$44,400 Median Pay; -7% Growth
- Forensic Science Technicians-$58,230 Median Pay; 17% Growth