Services provided offer a comprehensive and coordinated program that allow participating districts to receive aid on monies expended locally for activities designed to integrate the arts into and help students meet the New York State Standards for the Arts.
The Arts in Education CO-SER is unlike others for two reasons:
- The sharing requirement is met through participation in the Core and
- Activities which are single-district in nature can be aid-able.
Menu of Services:
- Individual artists, performances, workshops and residencies in the following disciplines: dance, visual arts, literature/writing, theatre/performing arts, music, and media arts.
- Visiting authors/illustrators/storytellers
- Theatre and film admissions
- Museum admission (must include an arts related component)
- Other academically aligned field trips
- Staff development that involves integrating the arts into the classrooms or improving arts instruction
Arts-in-Education Monies on Account
Districts purchasing BOCES Arts-in-Education Core may designate monies for in-school enrichment programs and admission tickets/visits to cultural organizations when coordinated as school field trips.
Districts must complete an Arts-in-Education Request form with the approving signature of the district's designated AIE representative. Please click this link for the 2022-23 Arts in Education form! You may begin submitting for the 2022-23 academic year after July 1, 2022.
Addie Klaehn, Coordinator of Regional Programs
Portable Document Format
Some documents on the Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES and EduTech websites are produced in portable document format (PDF). In order to improve viewing of these files, please download the latest version of Adobe Reader, which is available for free at the Adobe web site. Alternative accessible formats are also provided, where possible, most commonly through a HTML file.