Steve Brannan, Instructor and Lisa Lipp, Teacher Assistant
Program Goal: Criminal Justice is a broad-based career exploration program intended to give students skills, knowledge and occupational opportunities in the field.
Curriculum: Through a blending of rigorous academics with a strong hands-on component, students gain insight into what it takes to be successful in the criminal justice field. In addition, the program includes the study of civil and criminal law providing a strong foundation for entry into the security field or for advanced training at a police academy or college. Several certifications are available such as, NYS Security Guard, CPR/AED, First Aid and others through the Department of Justice, Homeland Security and OSHA.
Curriculum Areas/Units of Study:
- Penal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Vehicle & Traffic Law
- First Responder Training
- Family Court/Juvenile Justice System
- Report Writing
- NYS Security Officer Certification
- 911 Dispatch Training
- Martial Arts
- The median pay for Police and Detectives is $62,960 a year.
- The median pay for Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists is $51,410 a year.
- The median pay for Security Guards and Gaming Surveillance Officers is $26,960 a year.