Brad Yearwood, Instructor and Caitlyn Heinz,Teacher Assistant
Program Goal: The Culinary Arts program is focused on preparing all students to meet the challenges of employment and/or continuing their education in the culinary field.
Curriculum: In this two-year program, practical experience is gained in both the classroom and fully equipped commercial-style kitchens. Guest speakers from local businesses and foodrelated careers are also invited to speak with students. The Culinary Arts Program is a Technical and Career Education – 100 All prices available on 2017 - 2018 Final Request for Services Forms. 6 member of the New York State Restaurant Association (NYSRA) Educational Foundation ProStart Program. This program provides students the work experience and classroom learning they need to succeed in restaurant/food service careers. Students will have the opportunity to earn their ServSafe Managers certification which is a 5-year certificate.
Curriculum Areas/Units of Study:
- Dining Room Service
- Breakfast Food and Sandwiches
- Cost Control
- Desserts and Baked Goods
- Meat, Poultry and Seafood
- Global Cuisine 1-The Americas
- Kitchen Essentials-Equip. and Techniques
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Global Cuisine 2 — Europe, the Middle East, and Asia
- Salads and Garnishes
- Purchasing and Inventory
- Sustainability in the Restaurant and Foodservice Industry
- Stocks, Sauces and Soups
- Potatoes and Grains
- Management Essentials
- The median pay for Chefs and Head Cooks is $45,950 a year.
- The median pay for Bakers is $25,690 a year.
- The median pay for Cooks is $23,970 a year.
- The median pay for Food Preparation Workers is $22,730 a year.