Kristen Lindo, Instructor and Maureen Krocke, Teacher Assistant
Program Goal: Students enrolled in the Education Professions program at WTCC will be immersed into a culture that expands their knowledge and experience of the many varied career opportunities available in the field of education.
Curriculum: Students will create age-appropriate lesson plans and interact with young children in the center’s community-based, on-site preschool. Students will also intern in off-site work-based learning experiences in their specific fields of interest. Eligible seniors may apply for Level I NYS Teacher Assistant Certification. Both juniors and seniors have the opportunity to earn college credit through Finger Lakes Community College (FLCC) and Monroe Community College (MCC).
Certifications: CPR/Infant, Child, Adult, AED, First Aid, Mandated Child Abuse Reporting.
Curriculum Areas/Units of Study:
- Human Development; Physical, Intellectual, and Social/Emotional
- Special Education and other School-based Programs
- Professional Ethics and Confidentiality
- Classroom Organization, Management, and Positive Guidance Techniques
- Lesson Planning and Presentation Skills
- Historical Perspectives
- Career Pathways in Education
- The median pay for Kindergarten and Elementary School Teachers is $56,900 a year.
- The median pay for Childcare Workers is $22,290 a year.
- The median pay for Preschool Teachers is $85,880 a year.
- The median pay for Teacher Assistants is $85,880 a year.