Program Goal: The purpose of the Electrical Trades program is to prepare students for entry-level employment in the various electrical trades.
Curriculum: Throughout the program, students gain daily practical experience working with residential, commercial and industrial wiring. In addition, the students will have the opportunity to become a Network Cabling Specialist. Students explore renewable energy technologies. The Electrical Trades program has received national certification through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
Curriculum Areas/Units of Study:
- Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory
- Introduction to Electrical Code
- Wiring Methods
- Blueprint Reading and Sketching
- Intro to Solar, Wind
- (Commercial and Residential Installation)
- OSHA 10 Certification – Construction
- Cat-5 Wiring Certification
- Fiber Optic Certification
- Forklift Certification