Program Goal: Health Dimensions provides the basic knowledge and competencies considered common to careers in the health field as well as preparing to meet competencies for Certified Nurse Assistant.
Curriculum: Students will explore many areas of employment through discussion, field trips and hands-on experiences before choosing a specialized course of study. Students take part in summer clinical experience that provides the additional training and education requirements needed to sit for the NYS Nurse Assistants Exam and may include exploration of, and exposure to additional health related careers.
Curriculum Areas/Units of Study:
- Health Careers
- Health Promotion
- Patient Care - Vital Signs, Nutrition
- Growth and Development Across Lifespan
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Field Experience and Clinical Rotations
- Leadership and Communication
- Medical Terminology
- Technical Math and Writing
- The median pay for Nursing Assistants and Orderlies is $27,510 a year.
- The median pay for Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses is $45,030 a year.
- The median pay for Registered Nurses is $70,000 a year.