John Erwin, Instructor and Robert Ficcara, Teacher Assistant
315-589-2656, 315-589-2655 (Theory Room)
Program Goal: In Power Mechanics, students learn the maintenance and repair of diesel and gasoline vehicles, farm machinery, earth-moving equipment and small power equipment used in agriculture, conservation and landscaping. Basic skills are developed in welding/fabrication and troubleshooting.
Curriculum Areas/Units of Study:
- Maintenance of Heavy Equipment
- Hydraulic Systems
- Fuel Systems
- Small Engine Service
- Diesel Theory
- Gasoline/2 and 4 Stroke Theory
- ARC Welding
- OSHA 10 Certification - General Industry
- Forklift Certification
- Equipment Restoration
- Tool Identification and Usage
- Shop/Work Safety
- The median pay for Diesel Service Technicians and Mechanics is $46,360 a year.
- The median pay for Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technicians is $49,440 a year.
- The median pay for Small Engine Mechanics is $35,990 a year.